Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.” How profound. Why am I who I am? Why was I not born in a humble Haitian setting? Instead of comparing this life to a sweet piece of candy, I would like to parallel life to something a little more accurate, crap. Yes, it is true that we never know what we will get; however, the end result is rarely pleasant. If you happen to work in the medical field or another cushy, pointless occupation that provides an unwarranted, padded income, you will not understand the power in the eyes of this young lady, but for the rest of us these eyes speak to the heart and soul. Having lived in Europe without a car, I know that to walk in the streets of the cities is dangerous in that you are likely to step in some dog’s leftovers. So today I would like to change Forrest’s quote to, “Life is like taking a walk on a metropolitan, European sidewalk you never know what you are going to get.”



2 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Glad you are up and blogging again. I truly love your writing.

cskelton said...

You walk on higher ground than anyone else.