Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Little Things


Sometimes it is the little things that we are thankful for. May I take this opportunity to paint a picture in your mind of what I am trying so hard to refer to with the phrase, “sometimes it is the little things that we are thankful for.” This morning on my 27 ½ minute drive to work I experienced a truly humbling experience. I had just distilled a string of transparent drool off the edge of my chin; an unfortunate situation produced by a momentary loss of concentration. I looked down at my stained slacks to mop up the slobbery mess with my left hand; then with one continuous swipe I strategically placed the vile on the bottom side of my seat. My eyes couldn’t have been off to road for more than 30 seconds when I raised my head again to make sure that I was still headed in the correct direction. As my gaze met the horizon in the distance I briefly noticed out the corner of my eye a most amazing sight, and even though I only saw it for a split second, I knew that I had been blessed. On the side of the road I saw a metallic green sign bordered by white reflective paint that simply said in white letters, “Farmington Next 3 Exits.”


2 comments:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Okay, now that I know what you are talking about...cool :)